Farmer standing next to TVA power lines
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A large transmission tower and transmission lines. A farmer stands at the base of the tower. Caption on reverse reads: "Great transmission lines criss-cross the Tennessee Valley to bring TVA electric power to war industries and to 130 municipal and cooperative electric systems which serve 575,000 customers. Since 1933, the proportion of farms with electric service has increased from one in 28 to one in four.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- New Deal, 1933-1939--Tennessee
Tennessee Valley Authority--History
Rural electrification--Government policy--United States
Rural electrification--United States--History
- Tennessee River Valley
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees, that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- Farmer standing next to TVA power lines. 1940/1950. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/257. (Accessed January 21, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1940/1950) Farmer standing next to TVA power lines. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/257
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/257>.