James Monroe portrait
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Engraved image of James Monroe (1758-1831), seated in chair with cabriole legs. He wears a dark suit, trousers, and cravat and holds what appears to be a handkerchief in one hand. A large book is propped against a table leg. Facsimile signature.
- Chappel, Alonzo, 1828-1887
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- Johnson, Fry & Co
- Monroe, James, 1758-1831
Monroe, James, 1758-1831
Cabinet officers--United States
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- Chappel, Alonzo, 1828-1887. James Monroe portrait. 1861. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/89. (Accessed January 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Chappel, Alonzo, 1828-1887, (1861) James Monroe portrait. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/89
- MLA citation style
- Chappel, Alonzo, 1828-1887. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/89>.