Analysis and testing of two-dimensional slot nozzle ejectors with variable area mixing sections /
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Includes bibliographical references (p. 91).
Finite difference computer techniques have been used to calculate the detailed performance of air to air two-dimensional ejectors with symmetric variable area mixing sections and coaxial coverging primary nozzles. The analysis of the primary nozzle assumed correct expansion of the flow and is suitable for subsonic and slightly supersonic velocity levels. The variation of the mixing section channel walls is assumed to be gradual so that the static pressure can be assumed uniform on planes perpendicular to the axis. A test program was run to provide two-dimensional ejector test data for verification of the computer analysis. A primary converging nozzle with a discharge geometry of 0.125 inch x 8.0 inch was supplied with 600 SCFM of air at about 35 psia and 180 F. This nozzle was combined with two mixing section geometries with throat sizes of 1.25 inch x 8.0 inch and 1.875 inch x 8.0 inch and was tested at a total of 11 operating points
Also available via Internet from the NASA Technical Reports Server (http://ntrs.nasa.gov/). Address as of 6/23/06: http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19730015307%5f1973015307.pdf.
Prepared by Dynatech R/D Company, Cambridge, Mass. for Ames Research Center
- Gilbert, Gerald B
- Contributing Institution
- University of Illinois
- Washington, D.C. : National Aeronautics and Space Administration ; Springfield, Va. : For sale by the National Technical Information Service [distributor]
- Jets--Fluid dynamics--Computer simulation
Finite difference theory
Two dimensional flow
Jet mixing flow
- Electronic resourceLanguage material
- Public domain. Learn more at http://www.hathitrust.org/access_use
- Chicago citation style
- Gilbert, Gerald B. Analysis and testing of two-dimensional slot nozzle ejectors with variable area mixing sections /. 1973. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011431480. (Accessed December 13, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Gilbert, Gerald B, (1973) Analysis and testing of two-dimensional slot nozzle ejectors with variable area mixing sections /. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011431480
- MLA citation style
- Gilbert, Gerald B. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011431480>.