Adelbert Bailey triptych
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Adelbert Bailey was born in Amherst, Mass. and served in the Civil War as a sergeant in the 31st Mass. Infantry. In 1869 he married Juliet Metcalf of Williamsburg, Mass., and they lived in Williamsburg for the rest of their long lives. Mr. Bailey was the last living Civil War veteran in the town. The left photograph above, a tintype, shows him in late 1861 or early 1862, after he entered the army. The middle picture, another tintype, shows him with his bride in 1869, and the third photograph shows him as a Grand Army of the Republic veteran in September 1915. The three images together, arranged as shown, measure 4.5 x 9 inches.
Part of the Williamsburg, Mass., Historical Society, Historic Photographs Collection.
Item dated: ~1861/1869/1915.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Williamsburg Historical Society
- Williamsburg (Mass.)
Bailey, Adelbert, 1843-1932
Metcalf, Juliet, 1843-1933
United States--History--Civil War, 1816-1865--Veterans
- Permission to publish the image must be obtained from the Williamsburg Historical Society by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or Meekins@cwmars.org. The Williamsburg Historical Society, Williamsburg, Mass., must be credited as the original source of the item for all use. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Adelbert Bailey triptych. 1861-1915. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/4j03d969h. (Accessed July 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1861-1915) Adelbert Bailey triptych. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/4j03d969h
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/4j03d969h>.