Phillips Congregational Church
- View Full Item
When the First Parish changed to Unitarian faith, the members who wanted to stay with the Congregational faith started their own church, named for the first minister in Watertown, George Phillips. Phillips Congregational Church, 111 Mount Auburn Street, built in 1937 and designed by Arland A. Dirlam. The congregation merged with the Payson Park Congregational Church in about 2007 and then sold the property in 2009 to the New England Theological Seminary, an evangelical sect called "Redeemer Fellowship.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Watertown Free Public Library
- Church buildings--Watertown--Massachusetts
Watertown (Mass.)--Social life and customs
Congregational church--Watertown (Mass.)
Dirlam, Arland A. -c.1906-1979
- Management Restrictions apply. See application form at http://watertownlib.org/research/historic-watertown/photographs. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Phillips Congregational Church. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/7d2795209. (Accessed July 16, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Phillips Congregational Church. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/7d2795209
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/7d2795209>.