• Creator
  • Gladson, Gene
  • Publisher
  • Indiana. Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology
  • Description
  • The image shows the front facade and marquee of the theater. In the 1920s a theater called the Oakland stood in this location. It burned in 1927 and was rebuilt. It was rebuilt and remodeled again in 1936 and reopened as the Pickwick Theater. This theater burned in 1946 and was rebuilt yet again. This final incarnation is shown in the image. 1947.
  • Format
  • slide
  • Rights
  • Photo credit: Indiana State Department of Natural Resources, Division of Historic Preservation