Written story about Towanda's Sesquicentennial Celebration July 2-4, 2004
- View Full Item
- Created Date
The weekend of July 2-4, 2004, Towanda celebrated its 150th birthday. The written story describes the repair of the bandstand damaged in the mid-1900's, the fundraising activities, work of the organizations and volunteers to prepare banners, publicize and support the many events held during the weekend and Dedication of the renovated bandstand. The Annual Towanda 4th of July Celebration events included a street dance, a parade-within-the parade...
Towanda's Sesquicentennial Celebration by Linda Potts and Gail Ann Briggs July 2004 Planning for Towandas Sesquicentennial began early in 2004. A committee was formed to plan and coordinate the activities in conjunction with Towandas Annual 4th of July Celebration. The bandstand, which sits in the middle of North Park, had been damaged in an ice storm in 1936. The destroyed roof was never repaired and consequently the facility had become somethin...
- Contributing Institution
- Towanda Area Historical Society/Towanda District Library
- The images in the Towanda Area Historical Society digital library may be viewed, downloaded, and printed for personal or educational use, but any commercial use is prohibited, without permission. Questions may be directed to the historical society at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Towanda Illinois District Library at (309)728-2176.
- Chicago citation style
- Written story about Towanda's Sesquicentennial Celebration July 2-4, 2004. 2004-07-02. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1100. (Accessed December 11, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (2004-07-02) Written story about Towanda's Sesquicentennial Celebration July 2-4, 2004. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1100
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1100>.