Thomas Blood house
- View Full Item
- Created Date
At the beginning of the 20th century, this family farm, built around 1845 along Main Street in North Lancaster, consisted of 40 acres of "home farm" and 200 additional woodland acres. The farm produced milk for the Boston market and hay for the local market. W. H. Blood, who occupied the place in the early 1900s. was active in town affairs and lived in Lancaster for more than 50 years. In the early 1970s, a Mr. Hollywood, who then owned the property, sold 28 acres of land to the town for the construction of the Lancaster Middle School. This photograph shows the remaining farmhouse connected to its barn. This feature was a great convenience for New England farmers when faced with severe winter weather.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Thomas Blood house. 1970-2005. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871d334. (Accessed December 12, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1970-2005) Thomas Blood house. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871d334
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871d334>.