Penetrating the Iron Curtain : resolving the missile gap with technology
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Shipping list no.: 2012-0109-P
DVD-ROM contains 189 declassified documents totaling more than 4,200 pages, newsreel footage, photographs, and PDF of the booklet.
Symposium held Sept. 26, 2011 at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library.
Includes bibliographical references.
"In the mid-1950s the US faced the first real challenge since World War II to its strategic superiority over any nation on earth. The attempt to collect intelligence on the Soviets began with an initial period of poor collection capabilities and consequent limited analysis. With few well-placed human sources inside the Soviet Union, it was only with the CIA's development of, what can only be called, timely technological wizardry--the U-2 aircraft and Corona Satellite reconnaissance program--that breakthroughs occurred in gaining valuable, game-changing intelligence. Coupled with the innovative use of aerial and satellite photography and other technical collection programs, the efforts began to produce solid, national intelligence."--https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/historical-collection-publications/index.html
All documents also available on the CIA website at www.cia.gov.
- Contributing Institution
- University of Michigan
- [McLean, Va.] : Central Intelligence Agency, Historical Collections
- United States. Central Intelligence Agency--Sources.--History
Arms race--United States--20th century--Sources
Intelligence service--United States--History--20th century--Sources
Intelligence service--United States--History--20th century--Congresses
Intelligence service--Technological innovations--United States--Sources
Intelligence service--Technological innovations--United States--Congresses
- United States
- Language materialElectronic resourceSources.Congresses.
- Public domain. Learn more at http://www.hathitrust.org/access_use
- Chicago citation style
- Penetrating the Iron Curtain : resolving the missile gap with technology. . Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011501625. (Accessed October 21, 2021.)
- APA citation style
- () Penetrating the Iron Curtain : resolving the missile gap with technology. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011501625
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011501625>.