"That New England school"
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Originally a carriage house, this was the first building designated a school by Seventh-Day Adventists in South Lancaster. The first term opened on April 19, 1882. At first, it was referred to simply as "that New England school" by church leaders. On December 12, 1883, it was incorporated as South Lancaster Academy. The building (no longer standing) was located off Main Street near the Village Church.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Atlantic Union College
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- PhotographsGroup portraitsPortrait photographs
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- "That New England school". 1882-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/dz010q68g. (Accessed December 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1882-2000) "That New England school". Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/dz010q68g
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/dz010q68g>.