Peggy Newsletter July 1, 1945
- View Full Item
- Created Date
The Miles City WWII Peggy Letters consists of newsletters written by the Miles City branch of American Women’s Voluntary Services (AWVS) from late 1942 until early 1946. The newsletters were sent to every service man and woman from Miles City, Custer County, and neighboring areas for whom they had addresses to keep them abreast of events at home while they were serving in the military. The AWVS chose “Peggy” as a pseudonym: several AWVS women took turns writing the newsletters. The bulk of the collection consists of the letters these same service men and women wrote back to “Peggy”. Some letters are typed, many are handwritten, and a few are V-MAILs. Many letters include envelopes, and a few include photos or drawings. It is unknown whether the Peggy writers anticipated responses to their newsletters.
American Women in Voluntary Service Miles City (AWVS)
- Contributing Institution
- Miles City Public Library
- Miles City WWII Peggy Letters
- Standardized Rights Statement
- Copyright Undetermined:The copyright and related rights status of this Item has been reviewed by the organization that has made the Item available, but the organization was unable to make a conclusive determination as to the copyright status of the Item. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
- Chicago citation style
- American Women in Voluntary Service Miles City (AWVS). Peggy Newsletter July 1, 1945. 1945-07-01. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll1/id/20. (Accessed June 8, 2023.)
- APA citation style
- American Women in Voluntary Service Miles City (AWVS), (1945-07-01) Peggy Newsletter July 1, 1945. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll1/id/20
- MLA citation style
- American Women in Voluntary Service Miles City (AWVS). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll1/id/20>.