Immaculate Conception Church
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Shown here is an early view of the Catholic church in Lancaster Center. Built and consecrated in 1873, it was first associated as a mission of St. John's in Clinton. In 1915, it became the Immaculate Conception Church with Fr. John F. Boyle serving as the first parish priest. Destroyed by fire in 1941, the building was soon rebuilt using a more modern yet Colonial style.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Catholic churches
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Immaculate Conception Church. 1873-1941. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h19x. (Accessed December 13, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1873-1941) Immaculate Conception Church. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h19x
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h19x>.