High School, Champaign, Illinois
View Full Image
306 W. Green St., Champaign. This new Champaign High School, designed by Spencer and Temple, to accommodate a thousand students, included a large auditorium, gymnasium, and pool. It opened in October 1914. The "old" high school at Hill and Randolph Streets became a grade school, Central School. In 1956 the high school moved to its present location on with University Avenue, exchanging buildings with the junior high school at that location. This building was renamed Edison Junior High School. It became Edison Middle School in 1977. Urban Treasure Hunt; School Museum 16 History
|Miller, Patricia L, Illinois Heritage Association|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University Library|
Champaign County, Illinois
For any further information related to this record, please contact the Collection Publisher. See http://images.library.uiuc.edu/projects/tdcfor more information about this project.