Men's Eye Ward
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A canthoplasty in the Men's Eye Ward, with nurses, resident physicians, ward attendant present.
Front of image: Dr. George de Schweinitz, 1889, Back row: Charlie, Florence Ingram, Stengel, Carter, Around bed: McFarland [with instruments], Bitting.
Florence Ingram graduated from PGH School of Nursing in 1889. George de Schweinitz was ophthalmologist at PGH from 1887 to 1917.
- PA Digital
- Contributing Institution
- Historical Medical Library of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia
- Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures
Philadelphia General Hospital
De Schweinitz, G. E. (George Edmund), 1858-1938
Stengel, Alfred, 1868-1939
Carter, William Spencer
McFarland, Joseph, 1868-1945
History, 19th Century
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This object has been digitized in a public-private partnership. As part of this partnership, the partners have agreed to limit commercial uses of this digital representation of the object by third parties. You can, without permission, copy, modify, distribute, display, or perform the digital object, for non-commercial uses. For any other permissible uses, please review the terms and conditions of the organization that has made the item available.
- Chicago citation style
- Men's Eye Ward. 1889. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.cppdigitallibrary.org/items/show/635. (Accessed December 10, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1889) Men's Eye Ward. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.cppdigitallibrary.org/items/show/635
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.cppdigitallibrary.org/items/show/635>.