World's Columbian Exposition Electricity Building
View Full Image
A black and white photograph of the interior of the Electricity Building at the World’s Columbian Exposition in 1893. Source: Arnold, C. D. Collection of Photographs Illustrating the Construction and Progress of the World’s Columbian Exposition. 1893. Dimensions: 10"x13". The World's Columbian Exposition ran from May 1 to October 30, 1893. The Electricity Building covered nearly 5 ½ acres. The exhibits highlighted uses of electricity, from running motors to providing light. Thomas Edison displayed the "kinetograph," an early machine for motion pictures. The building was located in between the Manufactures and Liberal Arts Building and the Mines and Mining Building.Flinn, J., ed. "The Official Guide to the World’s Columbian Exposition." Chicago: The Columbian Guide Company, 1893, page 51, 53. Celebrations and Festivals; Exploring The Columbian Exposition 16 History
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University Library|
|World's Columbian Exposition (Chicago, Illinois)|
For any further information related to this record, please contact the Collection Publisher. See http://images.library.uiuc.edu/projects/tdcfor more information about this project.