• Creator
  • Pittman, John
  • Created Date
  • 1885-10-17
  • Description
  • Occupied by Reverend Seth Storer (1759--1774), Reverend Daniel Adams (1778--1779), Reverend Richard Rosewell Eliot (1780--1818). Built in 1685. Sold in 1823. Demolished in 1888. Site now occupied by St. John's M.E. Church. Seth Storer was the minister for fifty years. The church did not fill the pulpit for the next three years. Daniel Adams was an unanimous choice but he died suddenly. Richard Eliot also was unanimously voted in and was minste... more
    Occupied by Reverend Seth Storer (1759--1774), Reverend Daniel Adams (1778--1779), Reverend Richard Rosewell Eliot (1780--1818). Built in 1685. Sold in 1823. Demolished in 1888. Site now occupied by St. John's M.E. Church. Seth Storer was the minister for fifty years. The church did not fill the pulpit for the next three years. Daniel Adams was an unanimous choice but he died suddenly. Richard Eliot also was unanimously voted in and was minster for thirty-six years. He was descended from John Eliot, minister to the Praying Indians. Photo by Capt. J. Pitman, October 17, 1885. Duplicate of figure 410. less
  • Format
  • Photographs