Freshman Camp Bus (1930)
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This photograph shows students boarding the bus for the 1930 Springfield College Freshman Camp. Edgar Munroe Robinson largely organized and implemented the Freshman Camp. Robinson brought many of the boys’ work and physical education ideas from the YMCA and Boy Scouts of America to Springfield College and its Freshman Camp. He also assisted in building the two camp lodges: Pukwana Lodge and the Pueblo of the Seven Fires. The Freshman Camp tradition continues today with the College’s Outdoor Pursuits program for incoming students. Robinson was a graduate of Springfield College, class of 1901. After working with both the YMCA and the Boy Scouts of America, Robinson returned to his alma mater in 1927 as a faculty member. Robinson was granted an honorary Master of Humanics degree from the College in 1928.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- Freshman Camp
International Young Men's Christian Association College
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Freshman Camp Bus (1930). 1930. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/4214. (Accessed July 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1930) Freshman Camp Bus (1930). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/4214
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/4214>.