The First Universalist Society
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
John Charles Schumacher-Hardy
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
In 1838, a First Universalist Society organized in New Boston (as South Lancaster was known) and a brick church was built near Bennett Lane across from the junction of Sterling Road and Main Street. After Clinton incorporated in 1850, the group disbanded and, in 1858, the building was sold and relocated to what was then the State Industrial School for Girls for use as a chapel. It is still on the grounds today.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- The First Universalist Society. 1858-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h23h. (Accessed December 15, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1858-2000) The First Universalist Society. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h23h
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h23h>.