Ella Denman, San Francisco, California, about 1893
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Frederick Bushnell (1858-1903) was the founder of one of the major West Coast photographic studio chains. He was chief operator for Theodore C. Marceau's studio and after he left Marceau's studio (with the studio's stock of negatives), he built on Marceau's business plan to set up franchises in various West Coast cities. He hired and trained photographers at his San Francisco studio before setting them up in business for themselves; Lawrence F. Terkelson, his San Francisco operator who took over the studio after Bushnell's death from complications of appendix surgery in 1902, collected and published the photographic record of the 1906 earthquake and fire. From 1892 to 1907 Bushnell's San Francisco studio occupied adjoining buildings at 1508 and 1510 Market Street. In 1907 his successors moved his headquarters to 632 Van Ness. For more information, see: http://broadway.cas.sc.edu/content/frederick-bushnell
Title supplied by cataloger.
Scanned from original photo, June 2008.
Sonoma County Tourism Grant (2007-2008)
Grant provided to the Sonoma County Library through the Sonoma County Advertising Program
High resolution master image (600ppi)
Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- Sonoma County Library
- San Francisco, Calif.
San Francisco, California
- Sonoma County Library, 211 E Street, Santa Rosa, CA 95401 (http://www.sonomalibrary.org)
The Sonoma County Library makes no assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images and can claim only physical ownership of the image(s) described in this records. However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only. Any other kind of use, including, but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format, public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the Library. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use. Preferred credit line is: Courtesy, the Sonoma County Library. Please see additional reproduction and reuse information at https://sonomalibrary.org/locations/sonoma-county-history-and-genealogy-library/order-photo
- Chicago citation style
- Ella Denman, San Francisco, California, about 1893. 1893. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://heritage.sonomalibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15763coll2/id/18428. (Accessed December 14, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1893) Ella Denman, San Francisco, California, about 1893. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://heritage.sonomalibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15763coll2/id/18428
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://heritage.sonomalibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15763coll2/id/18428>.