Integrate counters - mayor
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Newspaper articles and photographs from The Nashville Tennessean dated April 20, 1960 found on page one and page 2 chronicle the events of a march on City Hall that occurred April 19, 1960 to protest the bombing of the Nashville home of Z. Alexander Looby. Following a march down Jefferson Street in Nashville, three thousand demonstrators convened on the steps of the courthouse to confront Mayor Ben West. The ensuing debate between the mayor and demonstrators includes a statement read by Reverend C. T. Vivian issued jointly by the Christian Leadership council and the student protest group as well as quotes from the mayor, Diane Nash, and other leaders.
- Halberstam, David, Harris, Mac, Fullerton, Garry
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- The Nashville Tennessean
- Civil rights demonstrations
Civil rights demonstrations - Tennessee - Nashville
African Americans - Civil rights - Tennessee - Nashville
Sit-ins (Civil rights)
Civil rights movements
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees, that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- Halberstam, David, Harris, Mac, Fullerton, Garry. Integrate counters - mayor. 1960-04-20. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/977. (Accessed January 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Halberstam, David, Harris, Mac, Fullerton, Garry, (1960-04-20) Integrate counters - mayor. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/977
- MLA citation style
- Halberstam, David, Harris, Mac, Fullerton, Garry. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/977>.