John Kozlowski, Charlie Redmond, and Jack Costello
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This photograph shows Dean Charlie Redmond, in the middle, alongside John Kozlowski '68, and former dean of students, Jack Costello. The picture shows the three standing outside on campus. John and Charlie are carrying their books and folders. Charlie Redmond was a member of the athletic training staff at Springfield College for 35 years. He was head athletic trainer and professor of physical education at Springfield College in 1969. In 1985, he was named the head of the college's Athletics Training Education Program, before taking over as Chair of the Department of Exercise Science and Sports Studies in 1994. He was named the NATA's Most Dinstinguished Athletic Trainer in 1994, a year after receiving the Cramer award from the Eastern Athletic Trainers Association as the Athletic Trainer of the Year. He graduated from Springfield college in 1968 with a degree in physical education and health; he also earned a master of education degree in physical education in 1971, and a master of science degree in physical therapy from Boston University in 1981. He was named dean of Springfield College's school of Health Physical Education and Recreation in 2008, a position he held till the start of the 2013-14 school year. John J. Costello was born on June 1, 1931 in Boston and attended Quincy High School. He spent four years in the United States Navy before earning his BS and MS from Springfield College (1957, 1958). After graduation, he joined the faculty at his alma mater as a physical education instructor. In 1965, he earned his doctorate in school administration from the University of Connecticut. The following year, he was appointed dean of students at Springfield College. Costello’s writing and research were largely concerned with education and athletics, and he was very active with drug prevention organizations. Costello retired in 1990.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- Springfield College--Alumni and alumnae
Costello, John J
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- John Kozlowski, Charlie Redmond, and Jack Costello. 1968. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/8695. (Accessed July 17, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1968) John Kozlowski, Charlie Redmond, and Jack Costello. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/8695
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/8695>.