St. Michael's Elementary School - 519 East Third Street
View Full Item
In 1905 the Catholic Church established the first firm and stable school in Madison for St. Michael's Parish. The school was opened on October 16, 1905, by Rev. Charles F. Walsh, Pastor. The Sisters of St. Benedict were the first teachers. In 1954 St. Michael's and St. Mary's Schools were consolidated as St. Michael's, though both schools were still utilized.
|Harry Lemen, photographer|