Notice of special registration for bond election, Clark County, Nevada, 1953
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Notice of the requirement of special registration by property and corporation land owners in Clark County to vote in the 1953 bond issue for the Water District. A list of registrars and registration places included on second page. The bond issue announcement and an itemized list of proposed expenditures to be paid from the bonds are referenced below.
ITEM # 1. LAS VEGAS VALLEY WATER DISTRICT BOND ELECTION REQUIRES SPECIAL REGISTRATION Pursuant to Chapter 208 of the Nevada Compiled laws 1949, in order to vote at the special election called for September 30 by the Las Vegas Valley Water District to approve the proposed $8,700,000 bond issue, all eligible electors must register during the period commencing Monday, August 24 and ending Wednesday September 23, 1953. In order to qualify to vote in this special election, the voter must - 1. Be a property owner within the District. 2. Register, or re-register, and take the oath. A corporation land owner is eligible to vote, provided that an authenticated resolution of the board of directors of the owning corporation authorizing a specifically named individual to vote on behalf of the Corporation be presented to the Registrar at the time of registering to vote. Even though a property owner is now a registered voter in Clark County, it will be necessary to re-register for this special bond election, and only those property owners who have registered within the prescribed period from August 24 to September 23 will be permitted to vote. Under the District Act each of the seven divisions in the District constitutes a precinct for the purposes of registration and election. Two deputy Registrars residing in each precinct have been appointed to accept registrations. Following is a list of the Registrars and the places of registration in the seven divisions or precincts: District 1. Mary Davison City Hall No. Las Vegas Adeline Devine 1645 Princeton Ave. No. Las Vegas District 2. Hazel Long 1409 Sharon Road Las Vegas Andrew Brunner 1320 D. Street Las Vegas District 3. Dorothy Launders 742 Encanto Dr. Las Vegas Rita Ehre 100 Washington Las Vegas District 4. Annette Drury 2101 South 10th Las Vegas Norine Jeanney 2202 Cedar Ave. Las Vegas. District 5. Stata Hargrove 16 Bonneville Las Vegas. O.K. Adcock 420 South 3rd St. Las Vegas District 6. Grant Stewart 2020 Stewart Ave. Las Vegas Eunice Wagner 113 South 27th St. Las Vegas District 7. Blanch Jenkins Whitney, Nevada Ann Dohrenwend 86 Magnesium Henderson, Nevada In addition to the above, Harry Miller, Secretary of the District, and Ca!vin C. Magleby, Assistant Secretary, have been appointed Registrars to register at-large property owners residing within the District. With the exception of Magleby and Miller the Registrars listed above can only register those property owners living within their District. Magleby and Miller can register any property owner living in any District. Non resident property owners are required to register in the precinct in which they own the greatest amount of property. Resident property owners owning land in several precincts must register in the precinct in which they reside. Registrars will be available to accept registrations starting Monday, August 24, 1953, and will continue to accept registrations to and including Wednesday, September 23, 1953. -2-
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, University Libraries
- This material is made available to facilitate private study, scholarship, or research. It may be protected by copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity rights, or other interests not owned by UNLV. Users are responsible for determining whether permissions are necessary from rights owners for any intended use and for obtaining all required permissions. Acknowledgement of the UNLV University Libraries is requested. For more information, please see the UNLV Special Collections policies on reproduction and use (https://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/research_and_services/reproductions) or contact us at email@example.com.
- Chicago citation style
- Notice of special registration for bond election, Clark County, Nevada, 1953. 1953. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://utah-primoprod.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/primo_library/libweb/action/dlDisplay.do?vid=MWDL&afterPDS=true&docId=digcoll_unl_14hln/1248. (Accessed November 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1953) Notice of special registration for bond election, Clark County, Nevada, 1953. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://utah-primoprod.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/primo_library/libweb/action/dlDisplay.do?vid=MWDL&afterPDS=true&docId=digcoll_unl_14hln/1248
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://utah-primoprod.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/primo_library/libweb/action/dlDisplay.do?vid=MWDL&afterPDS=true&docId=digcoll_unl_14hln/1248>.