Workers returning from lunch, C. H. Frye lettuce farm, Monroe, ca. 1931
The 1200 acre Frye Lettuce Farm, located east of Monroe, operated from the mid 1920s until it sold in the late 1930s. It was largely owned by Charles and Emma Frye and served as the backbone of the local economy by employing up to one thousand workers from up and down the valley.Caption on image: Back to the fields after lunch. C. H. Frye lettuce farm. Pickett 4930.
8 x 10 in
Scanned from a 8 x 10 in. nitrate negative using a Microtek Scanmaker 9600XL at 200 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 1 and resized to 768 width ppi. 2002