Bibliotheca Maphaei Pinellii Veneti magno jam studio collecta
- View Full Item
- Created Date
University of Illinois Library bookplate "From the library of Conte Antonio Cavagna Sangiuliani di Gualdana Lazelada di Bereguardo, purchased 1921" on the inside front cover.
Contains bookplate of Bibliotheca Lindesiana.
The library was sold by Pinelli's heirs to the London bookseller, James Edwards, for 6,000 sequins. While in transit to London on three vessels, one of the ships was captured by pirates and the books thrown into the sea. The remainder of the library was sold at auction by Edwards in 1789 for [pounds] 9000. cf. Ottino and Fumagalli, Bibliotheca bibliographica italica, no. 4180.
Vols. 1-3, catalog of classical and Oriental literature. v. 4-5, Italian literature; manuscripts; incunabula; vellum printed books; medals; etc. v. 6, index.
Vols. 4-6 have title in Italian: La libreria gia' raccolta con grande studio dal Signor Maffeo Pinelli Veneziano, descritta ... da don Jacopo Morelli.
- Pinelli, Maffeo, 1736-1785
- Contributing Institution
- New York Public Library
- Venetiis : typis C. Palesii
Vellum printed books--Bibliography
- Catalogs.Bibliography.Electronic resourceLanguage material
- Public domain. Learn more at http://www.hathitrust.org/access_use
- Chicago citation style
- Pinelli, Maffeo, 1736-1785. Bibliotheca Maphaei Pinellii Veneti magno jam studio collecta. 1787. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/001166361. (Accessed December 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Pinelli, Maffeo, 1736-1785, (1787) Bibliotheca Maphaei Pinellii Veneti magno jam studio collecta. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/001166361
- MLA citation style
- Pinelli, Maffeo, 1736-1785. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/001166361>.