B.F. Harris, II House (Carle Pavilion), Champaign, Illinois
View Full Image
The B. F. Harris house, which is now the Carle Pavilion, is located at 809 West Church Street. The B.F. Harris family founded the Cattle Bank, The First National Bank, and owned the Urbana and Champaign Railway, as well as the End Amusement Park on West Church Street (now Eisner Park). In 1904, B.F. Harris II built the mansion on West Church Street. In 1957, the building opened as Cole Hospital and today is known as the Carle Pavilion. A personal primary source shoebox; How we learn about communities; Introduction of artifacts as primary souce; Urban Treasure Hunt 16 History; 18 Social Systems
|Mike Marassa, Edison Middle School, Champaign, Illinois|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University Library|
Champaign County, Illinois
For any further information related to this record, please contact the Collection Publisher. See http://images.library.uiuc.edu/projects/tdcfor more information about this project.