Student carrying rakes on Humanics in Action Day (1998)
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This photograph shows a Springfield College student carrying rakes around Blake Track during the 1998 Humanics in Action Day. He is smiling at the camera as he walks. The tennis courts and track are visible in the background. Springfield College initiated Humanics in Action Day in September 1998. It was the idea of Springfield Professor of Humanics Peter Polito and leaders of the New Student Orientation program to revive and expand an event described in the 1918 Springfield College yearbook. In the early years of the college, students volunteered and worked together to provide service to the neighboring communities. During the annual event, students, faculty, staff, and alumni perform a day of community service throughout the city of Springfield
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
Humanics in Action Day
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Student carrying rakes on Humanics in Action Day (1998). 1998. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/8240. (Accessed July 21, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1998) Student carrying rakes on Humanics in Action Day (1998). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/8240
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/8240>.