• Creator
  • Boyd & Braas
  • Created Date
  • ca. 1891
  • Description
  • Attorney James McNaught built this mansion, located on the southeast corner of Fourth and Spring, in 1883, but by 1890 he had relocated to the east coast. The building became the home of the Rainier Club, and then in 1893 was converted to a boarding house. In 1904 it was moved across the street to the northeast corner of Fourth and Spring to make way for the new Seattle Public Library.
  • Format
  • image
    photograph
    Scanned from copy print as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 8-bit grayscale, resized to 600 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3
  • Rights
  • Museum of History & Industry, Seattle