The Hosmer family home
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date from item or accompanying materials.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
This home (no longer standing) was situated on the site of Atlantic Union College's Preston Hall on Main Street in South Lancaster. The house was occupied by members of the Hosmer family. Henry F. Hosmer, great-uncle to the late town historian Herbert Hosmer, was the South Lancaster postmaster and ran a general store located just to the south. This photograph is from the mid-19th century.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- The Hosmer family home. 1830-1869. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j215. (Accessed November 22, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1830-1869) The Hosmer family home. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j215
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j215>.