South elevation of powerhouse under construction, Washington State Capitol complex, Olympia, September 1, 1920
Built at the same time as the Insurance Building, the powerhouse was funded with surplus money from a $2.5 million construction authorization from the 1919 legislative session. The facility provided heat and power to the entire Capitol complex through an underground tunnel network. It was located on the shore of Budd Inlet, below the bluff where the rest of the Capitol campus was under construction.
7.5 x 4.5 in.
Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9800XL at 150 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 6 and resized to 768x436 ppi. 2009