- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1945 ca.
As the country's involvement in the Second World War deepened, all colleges and universities were asked by the War Department to curtail the number of social activities held on their campuses. Susquehanna University responded to this request in several ways. The number of dances was reduced, football games and May Day pageants were suspended and Parent's Day, Founder's Day and Homecoming were celebrated on the same day.
- PA Digital
- Contributing Institution
- Susquehanna University
- Supporting Institution
- POWER Library as sponsor and HSLC as maintainer
- Blough-Weis Library, Susquehanna University
- Black and white handbook
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Student Life. 1945 ca. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.powerlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/asvbw40-49/id/9. (Accessed January 23, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1945 ca) Student Life. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.powerlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/asvbw40-49/id/9
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digitalcollections.powerlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/asvbw40-49/id/9>.