Archie! (April 16, 1978)
- View Full Item
- Created Date
“Archie!” is an article written by Jim Regan for the April 16, 1978 issue of The Sunday Republican. This article describes the baseball career of Archie Allen (March 18, 1913 – November 1, 2006), from his start playing at Pittsfield High School to his distinguished coaching career at Springfield College (1948-1978). He is one of the best-known coaches in Springfield College history and was selected to the Springfield College Athletic hall of Fame’s first class in 1972. Archie was the head coach for three of the four times in its baseball history that Springfield College reached the College World Series.
- Regan, Jim
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- The Sunday Republican
- Springfield College--Sports
Springfield College--Alumni and alumnae
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Regan, Jim. Archie! (April 16, 1978). 1978-04-16. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/2861. (Accessed July 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Regan, Jim, (1978-04-16) Archie! (April 16, 1978). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/2861
- MLA citation style
- Regan, Jim. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/2861>.