"Railroad strike at 30th street station"
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A crowd of picketers are marching outside of 30th street station as part of the September 1960 railroad strike. The strikers carry signs that read, ""Local 2013 Railroad Division T.W.U. AFL-CIO on strike against P.R.R."" One man in the photo is also holding an American flag. The man wearing the hat in the image is Mike Quill. Frank Sheehan is pictured in the photograph standing immediately to the right of Mr. Quill.
Title from verso of photograph
- PA Digital
- Contributing Institution
- Temple University
- Philadelphia Evening Bulletin
- Strikes and lockouts
Thirtieth Street Station (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Transportation Workers Union Local no 2013 (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. For other uses you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).a
- Chicago citation style
- Ham. "Railroad strike at 30th street station". 1960-09-01. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital.library.temple.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p15037coll3/id/31140. (Accessed December 14, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Ham, (1960-09-01) "Railroad strike at 30th street station". Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital.library.temple.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p15037coll3/id/31140
- MLA citation style
- Ham. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digital.library.temple.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p15037coll3/id/31140>.