Orra White Hitchcock painting of a rose
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A watercolor of a rose by Orra White Hitchcock, with her initials written at the bottom center of the page. The drawing shows one rose flower in bloom surrounded by leaves and three flower buds. The paper features an embossed border. The artwork is housed in a mat for conservation. The accompanying unattributed and undated note reads, "A bit of your grandmother's painting, with her initials at the bottom of the sheet. Also one of her endless chains. Merry Christmas.
The item is undated. The date range provided is taken from Robert Herbert and Daria D'Arienzo's book, Orra White Hitchcock, 1796-1863: An Amherst Woman of Art and Science.
- Hitchcock, Orra White, 1796-1863
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Amherst College Archives & Special Collections
- WatercolorsPaintingsBotanical illustrationsDrawingsNotes
- Public Domain: This material has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. While Amherst College Archives & Special Collections claims no rights or authority over this material, we do ask that any publication or use of this material cite the Archives & Special Collections at Amherst College as the source of the images and the repository where the original documents can be found. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Hitchcock, Orra White, 1796-1863. Orra White Hitchcock painting of a rose. 1821-1863. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:387651. (Accessed December 13, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Hitchcock, Orra White, 1796-1863, (1821-1863) Orra White Hitchcock painting of a rose. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:387651
- MLA citation style
- Hitchcock, Orra White, 1796-1863. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:387651>.