- View Full Item
- Created Date
The chapel's full-length, larger-than-life portraits of William Miller (1782-1849) and his wife, Lucy Paulina Miller, were painted by American primitive artist Horace Bundy. Miller had predicted that the second coming of Christ would occur in 1843.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Atlantic Union College ; Horace Bundy
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Bundy, Horace, 1814-1883
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Miller, William, 1782-1849
- PaintingsPortrait paintings
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Bundy, Horace, 1814-1883. Miller portraits. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k47b. (Accessed December 17, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Bundy, Horace, 1814-1883, (1850-2000) Miller portraits. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k47b
- MLA citation style
- Bundy, Horace, 1814-1883. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k47b>.