Pregame, Springfield College Football 1985
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A photograph of the coaches and the players during a pregame in the 1985 football season. There are players on the field and 3 coaches in white shirts on the sidelines. The team captain, Jim Anderson (wearing #55), is standing on the field. The team finished the 1985 sesaon with a disappointing record of 2 wins and 8 losses in head coach Mike DeLong's 2nd season as head coach. In 1995 under head coach DeLong the team transitioned from Division II football to Division III football, where they currently remain today along with DeLong. As of the end of the 2012 season his overall coaching record stands at 165 wins, 117 losses, and 2 ties, a winning percentage of .581. In 1890, Amos Alonzo Stagg, a Yale all-American and major league baseball pitching prospect, came to Springfield College (then known as the YMCA Training School) and started the college’s first football team. A grad student in a one-year program to become a YMCA Physical Director, he served as Coach, Manager, Captain
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- Springfield College
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Pregame, Springfield College Football 1985. 1985-1986. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/6697. (Accessed July 20, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1985-1986) Pregame, Springfield College Football 1985. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/6697
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/6697>.