Turner family homestead
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Posing in front of their house are members of the Turner family. The house (no longer standing) was located on the south corner of Sterling Road and Sawyer Street. From left to right are the following: an unidentified blacksmith, J.H. Turner, Fanny (Turner) Wallace, Sarah (Carter) Turner, Nathan Turner, Sarah (Turner) Sampson, Charlie or Joseph Sampson, Fred Turner, and Walter Turner. The Turners, blacksmiths by trade, settled in South Lancaster in 1832.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- PhotographsGroup portraitsPortrait photographs
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Turner family homestead. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j29c. (Accessed December 12, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) Turner family homestead. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j29c
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j29c>.