First Parsonage, 1635
- View Full Item
First Parsonage built for Rev. John Bailey in 1685, later occupied by Revs. Henry Gibbs and Seth Storer. Henry Gibbs served 27 years during troubled times of discourse over the location of the Meeting House, Salem witch trials and potential changes in beliefs. Seth Storer was the minister for fifty years. Corner of Mount Auburn and Arlington Streets. Demolished in 1888.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Watertown Free Public Library
- Storer, Seth--1759-1774
Eliot, Richard Rosewell--1780-1818
Architecture, Domestic--Watertown (Mass)--History
Watertown (Mass.)--Social life and customs
City and town life--Massachusetts--Watertown
- Management Restrictions apply. See application form at http://watertownlib.org/research/historic-watertown/photographs. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- First Parsonage, 1635. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/zp38wc84j. (Accessed December 16, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- First Parsonage, 1635. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/zp38wc84j
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/zp38wc84j>.