Twenty Years Growth (c. 1914)
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This lantern slide, “Twenty Years Growth (c. 1914),” contains five bar graphs that chart the growth in students, tuition, budget, endowment, and net property between 1891 and 1913 at the International YMCA College (now Springfield College). Between 1891 and 1913, the number of students attending increased by 182, the tuition increased by $16,320, the budget increased by $39,750, the endowment increased from nothing to $119,854, and the net property increased by $403,518. A lantern slide like this may have been used to recruit board members, encourage donations, or otherwise demonstrate Springfield College's fiscal soundness.
On the back is the faint image of a building and the words, "Y.M.C.A. Building; Springfield, MA.
- Springfield College
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- International Young Men's Christian Association College
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Springfield College. Twenty Years Growth (c. 1914). 1914. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/3469. (Accessed July 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Springfield College, (1914) Twenty Years Growth (c. 1914). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/3469
- MLA citation style
- Springfield College. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/3469>.