Peter Thurston house
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Located on the south side of Mill Street near the Main Street intersection in South Lancaster is the Peter Thurston House, built in 1784. Thurston, who was a hatter, bought a portion of farmland from his father. Originally, that farmland extended south to the Clinton line and up Sterling Road to the Deershorn area. The house remained in the family for more than 200 years. In more recent times, it was the home of Walter Miles. This photograph shows it as it looked in the late 19th century.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date from item or accompanying materials.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Peter Thurston house. 1860-1899. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j27t. (Accessed December 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1860-1899) Peter Thurston house. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j27t
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j27t>.