A dormitory and sanitarium
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Dr. Geraldine I. Grout
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
This imposing Victorian structure, formerly on the north corner of Flagg and Main Streets in the South Village, was built and used as a dormitory for South Lancaster Academy from 1895 to 1899 and then as a sanitarium from 1899 to 1902. Shortly thereafter, Col. John E. Thayer bought the property, the sanitarium was relocated, and the Thayer Bird Museum was built on the site.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- A dormitory and sanitarium. 1895-1902. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/dz010q722. (Accessed October 21, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1895-1902) A dormitory and sanitarium. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/dz010q722
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/dz010q722>.