• Created Date
  • 1913
  • Description
  • View of the empty interior of the Allen Chapel at Perkins School for the Blind. Two rows of wooden pews line two walls of the chapel, creating a center aisle. At the far and of the room at the end of the aisle sits a grand piano. The bottom half of the walls of the chapel are lined with wood paneling, and the upper half of the walls are brick. Large multi-paned windows are along the upper half of the walls of the chapel. The chapel bears the n... more
    View of the empty interior of the Allen Chapel at Perkins School for the Blind. Two rows of wooden pews line two walls of the chapel, creating a center aisle. At the far and of the room at the end of the aisle sits a grand piano. The bottom half of the walls of the chapel are lined with wood paneling, and the upper half of the walls are brick. Large multi-paned windows are along the upper half of the walls of the chapel. The chapel bears the name of the school's third director, Dr. Edward Allen, who brought Perkins to its present location in Watertown in 1912. less
  • Format
  • Photographs
    Black and white photograph
  • Rights
  • Samuel P. Hayes Research Library, Perkins School for the Blind, Watertown, MA. Contact host institution for more information.