SIR (Mk139) fuze
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Model 0: for a variety of 7.2” rockets. 4.190” long. Brass alloy, brass rod, steel, die-casting alloy, manganese-bronze, flexible fiber gasket. SIR (“spring-arming, impact-firing rocket”) fuzes were designed for retro-bombing in antisubmarine warfare. Developed in 1942-1943, they were not produced in large numbers because of the abandonment of retro-bombing. “A”: cutaway version; “B”: complete version.
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- California Institute of Technology
- Materials from the Caltech Archives are made available online for research purposes. Permission for reproduction, distribution, public display, performance, or publication must be obtained in writing from the Head of Archives. The Caltech Archives makes no representation that it is the copyright owner in all of its holdings. It is the responsibility of the user to obtain all necessary rights and clearances for use of materials. For questions, contact Head of Archives.
- Chicago citation style
- SIR (Mk139) fuze. 1942/1943. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://archives-dc.library.caltech.edu/islandora/object/ct1%3A3436. (Accessed December 11, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1942/1943) SIR (Mk139) fuze. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://archives-dc.library.caltech.edu/islandora/object/ct1%3A3436
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://archives-dc.library.caltech.edu/islandora/object/ct1%3A3436>.