Cooks at Camp Grant, around 1918
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- circa 1918
- A group of eight men are shown cutting up meat. They were part of 500 cooks who worked at Camp Grant, near Rockford Illinois, during World War 1. The man on the left, holding the meat saw is William C. Oberg, of Cherry Valley, Illinois. Caption on the photograph is "Some Cooks?" Photograph was taken around 1918.
- Contributing Institution
- Cherry Valley Public Library District (Ill.); Cherry Valley Historical Society (Ill.)
- Cherry Valley (Ill.)--History--Photographs
Camp Grant (Ill.)--History--Photographs
World War, 1914-1918--Illinois--Winnebago County
Oberg, William Clarence, 1887-1944
- Copyright to this resource is held by the Cherry Valley Historical Society in cooperation with the Cherry Valley Public Library District. To inquire about permissions or reproductions, contact Cherry Valley Public Library District, 755 E. State St. Cherry Valley IL 61016. (815) 332-5161. Please cite item #, title and collection name.
- Chicago citation style
- Cooks at Camp Grant, around 1918. circa 1918. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/cvpl/id/687. (Accessed January 18, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (circa 1918) Cooks at Camp Grant, around 1918. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/cvpl/id/687
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/cvpl/id/687>.