These pictures show how WAVES replace men for duty on sea and in the air
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Newspaper article that gives the picture and description of six different jobs performed by Navy WAVES (Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service). The women in this article held positions at the Memphis Naval Air Centers.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- Nashville Banner
- World War 1939-1945
Women and the military
United States--Armed Forces--Women's Reserves
United States--Armed Forces--Women
World War 1939-1945--Participation, Female--Tennessee
World War 1939-1945--War Work--Tennessee
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees, that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- These pictures show how WAVES replace men for duty on sea and in the air. 1943-06-22. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/1183. (Accessed October 17, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1943-06-22) These pictures show how WAVES replace men for duty on sea and in the air. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/1183
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/1183>.