Intelligence report and deposition
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Lengthy intelligence report and deposition on First Lieutenant Kurt Gerstein (Head of Technical Disinfection Services for the SS): an anti-Nazi eye-witness to mass gassings. Gerstein was head of "disinfection" procedures, with intimate knowledge of gas chambers and the prussic acid used at Belsen, Auschwitz, Mauthausen, and Oranienburg and an eye-witness to multiple gassings of KZ-inmates. Includes listing of anti-Nazis with whom Gerstein associated in Berlin; testimony on the use of prussic acid ; and a transcript of a letter from the "German Company for the Control of Vermin," regarding the storage and use of "disinfectant," June 9, 1944.
- Gerstein, Kurt, 1905-1945
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Special Collections and University Archives, University of Massachusetts Amherst Libraries
- Rottweil, Germany
- Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiter-Partei. Schutzstaffel
Nuremberg War Crime Trials, Nuremberg, Germany, 1946-1949
World War, 1939-1945--Military intelligence
World War, 1939-1945--Concentration camps
- Requests to publish, redistribute, or replicate this material should be addressed to Special Collections and University Archives, UMass Amherst Libraries. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Gerstein, Kurt, 1905-1945. Intelligence report and deposition. 1945-04-26. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://credo.library.umass.edu/view/full/mums804-f05-i018. (Accessed August 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Gerstein, Kurt, 1905-1945, (1945-04-26) Intelligence report and deposition. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://credo.library.umass.edu/view/full/mums804-f05-i018
- MLA citation style
- Gerstein, Kurt, 1905-1945. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://credo.library.umass.edu/view/full/mums804-f05-i018>.