Butler's analogy, no. 1
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A notebook in which Edward Hitchcock has taken notes on the first three chapters of Joseph Butler's "The Analogy of Religion, Natural and Revealed, to the Constitution and the Course of Nature." This is number one of a series of nine notebooks in which Hitchcock has taken notes on Butler's text. Hitchcock's notes include questions and statements paraphrased from Butler's text, as well as summaries of Butler's arguments and the conclusions Hitchcock has drawn from these chapters. Hitchcock has divided his notes into sections based on "lessons" that he has identified in the chapters, with most chapters containing one or two lessons. This section of notes includes what Hitchcock has called lessons 1 through 5.
The item is undated. Dates provided are Hitchcock's birth and death year.
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Amherst College Archives & Special Collections
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864--Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc
Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864--Books and reading
Butler, Joseph, 1692-1752
- Public Domain: This material has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. While Amherst College Archives & Special Collections claims no rights or authority over this material, we do ask that any publication or use of this material cite the Archives & Special Collections at Amherst College as the source of the images and the repository where the original documents can be found. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864. Butler's analogy, no. 1. 1793-1864. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:93639. (Accessed December 11, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864, (1793-1864) Butler's analogy, no. 1. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:93639
- MLA citation style
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:93639>.