Urbana High School, Railroad and North Sts., Urbana, Illinois
View Full Image
Railroad and North Sts. [with Springfield Ave. and McCullough], Urbana. Local architect Rudolph Zerse Gill designed the 1896 high school on lots donated by John and Hannah Thornburn. When the present high school opened in 1914, the Thornburn school became quarters for 320 seventh and eighth graders. There was an addition in 1927. Over time the building housed Urbana primary grades, and later, school district administrative offices. The original building was demolished in 1972 and the addition determined unsafe for occupancy in 1993. Urban Treasure Hunt; School Museum 16 History
|Miller, Patricia L, Illinois Heritage Association|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University Library|
Champaign County, Illinois
For any further information related to this record, please contact the Collection Publisher. See http://images.library.uiuc.edu/projects/tdcfor more information about this project.