Red & White Store
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Proprietor Vic Hilbert is standing in front of the Red & White, formerly located on the west corner of Sawyer and Prescott Streets in South Lancaster. The store had many proprietors through the years and, in the 1940s, offered customers the convenience of grocery carts for self-service, a new concept at the time.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Grocery stores
- PhotographsPortrait photographs
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Red & White Store. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j771. (Accessed July 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) Red & White Store. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j771
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j771>.