Ponte's service station
- View Full Item
- Created Date
After the Hurricane of 1938, the small filling station on the north corner of Main and Prescott Streets was replaced by this larger one built on the south corner. Later, Lancaster resident Frank Ponte operated his business on the site for 27 years, until 1972. This photograph shows the station as it looked in 1965. Note those low prices on the gas pumps.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date from item or accompanying materials.
Frank and Lois Ponte
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Automobile service stations
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Ponte's service station. 1965. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666j937. (Accessed December 9, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1965) Ponte's service station. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666j937
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666j937>.